We are so grateful and appreciative for those MOH friends who have stepped up to become a MOH Mentor for our new class of Mission of Hope scholars. However, we still need 6 more mentors. We have included our Mentor Program Guidelines below. If you would like to become a Mission of Hope mentor, and get a special blessing, please call Diane Webster at the Mission of Hope office at 865-584-7571 or e-mail her at [email protected].
Thanks for your friendship & support and for all you do to help us extend The HOPE.
Emmette Thompson, Executive Director – Mission of Hope
Mission of Hope Scholarship Program – Mentor Criteria Information
Who can become a Mission of Hope Mentor?
- Any individual who wants to invest time assisting a MOH Scholar by encouragement and guidance through their college career.
- Must be 21 years or older.
To become a Mission of Hope Mentor, you must…
- Contact the Mission of Hope office by July 1.
- Sign and return to the MOH office “Guidelines for Mentoring” by July 15.
- Attend Scholars Dinner in late July.
- Contact Scholars the minimum of once a month.
- Send occasional cards and small gifts (recommended but not necessary) to let them know you are thinking of them.
- Encourage Scholars to reach their potential.
- Keep the Mission of Hope informed of when you contact your Scholars and of any updates or needs they may have.
- Be diligent and persistent in reaching your Scholar.
- Remind Scholars of any deadlines or meetings (such as sending in transcripts).
- Be patient and loving, share personal experiences to help them through the transition to College life.
WHAT IF YOU HELPED SOMEONE GRADUATE & FUFILL THEIR DREAM? WOW!