Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
You can leave a legacy of hope by making qualified charitable donations from an IRA, by donating securities (stocks/mutual funds), or by designating funds to MOH via your will, living trust, life insurance or retirement plan.
By making planned gifts to the
Mission of Hope, you are helping to:
- Meet human basic needs
- Invest in educational opportunities
- Invest in economic opportunities
- Create a bright future for Rural Appalachian Communities
Types of Planned Gifts
Qualified Charitable Distributions from an IRA. If you are age 70 ½ or older, you can transfer up to $100,000 per year from your IRA directly to an eligible charity, like the Mission of Hope, without paying income tax on the transaction. This donation can also help you meet your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD).
- Contact your IRA custodian for information specific to your account and to request a Qualified Charitable Distribution.
- Contributions should be sent to: The Mission of Hope, P.O. Box 51824, Knoxville, TN 37950.
- Donations automatically go to General Fund use which supports our year-round programs like Back To School, Christmas, and Mountain Ministry Resources. If you would like to designate your gift for the Scholarship Program, please contact us.
Stocks or Mutual Funds. Donating appreciated securities – such as stocks or mutual funds – to the Mission of Hope (MOH) is a tax-wise approach to helping serve those in need in Rural Appalachia. You or your broker can contact us at (865) 584 -7571 or acco[email protected] for information on donating securities.
Legacy Gift. Consider including the Mission of Hope in your estate planning by:
- Making a bequest in your will or living trust
- Designating MOH as a Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Designating MOH as a Retirement Plan Beneficiary
In many cases, estate gifts to charitable organizations provide tax benefits for your estate and heirs. Please consult with your professional advisor for assistance in evaluating the best options for you.
This information is not intended as tax, legal, or estate-planning advice. Please consult with your professional advisor for assistance in evaluating the best options for you.