I am excited to share with you some important information; I am proud of our Mission of Hope Staff for their creativity and compassionate intent to make sure we do our Mission of Hope Christmas Collections, Packing, Deliveries…with good stewardship and the realization that this year we have to change what we do and how we do it.
A lot of time, thought and prayer has been put into the difficult decisions that have had to be made in order to continue with our 2020 Christmas Program. Please understand we are trying to do all that we can to not only work within the guidelines and requirements of the Schools; but also to keep our Mission of Hope Volunteers and Staff safe as well.
We are now contacting each School Superintendent, Principal and Family Resource Coordinator…to discuss with them what they feel will work best for their Schools. Please…hear my heart and know there is no one more interested in fellowshipping with the Students than me…but I also know it is imperative that we be respectful of guidelines and safety procedures during this Coronavirus crisis we are in. We sincerely hope that you will respectfully understand and support the decisions we are making.
2020 Christmas Program Distribution Items
- Hygiene Kit (1 per child, includes toothbrush, toothpaste, soap and shampoo)
- Food Box (30% of total family units, reduced size box and items)
- No individual clothing bags (clothing items will be sent to schools with the Resource Coordinator input in distributing)
- Toy Bag (1 very nice toy, 1 candy cane filled with candy & evangelism booklet – special order toy bags in red and green with handles – all items packed at MOH for later distribution)
Other Important Items
- No blue barrel collection program this year
- Large increased Cyber Barrel Program for both resources and financial donations.
- Reduced Volunteer numbers at Mission of Hope office/warehouse
I would humbly appeal to each of us to Pray fervently for the Students and their Families and also the School Staffs; and also that this health crisis will be resolved very soon.
Thank You For Your Servant Hearts And Support…And All You Do To Help Extend True HOPE.